Though a very small portion of our network churches have already completed their Gospel To Every Home (GTEH) efforts, many others have chosen to use the summer months to connect with their neighbors and take the Gospel to their adopted communities. Below is a brief GTEH update for several areas across our network.
Network Churches Engaged in GTEH: 47 (representing ten counties)
Number of Homes Adopted: 93,982
Professions of Faith: 1
- Churches in Fayette County’s 40503 ZIP Code have adopted all 11,986 homes.
- Anchor Baptist Church single-handedly adopted all 6,508 homes in Fayette County’s 40514 ZIP Code.
- David’s Fork Baptist Church single-handedly adopted all homes in the 40516 ZIP Code – plus nearly 4,000 more homes in the 40509 ZIP Code.
- Porter Memorial reported a profession of faith resulting from their May 11 GTEH efforts!
- Immanuel Baptist Church in Lexington has adopted 15,624 homes across four ZIP Codes in two counties.
- Living Hope has facilitated the adoption of 5,901 homes in Fayette County’s 40517 ZIP Code.
- At least six Hispanic churches have launched GTEH as a result of a GTEH vision dinner at Porter Memorial on March 27. Special thanks to Dale Ragland and Simon Escareno for coordinating this special time of fellowship and prayer.
- Jessamine County churches have seen enhanced unity through GTEH. Their prayer walking efforts have covered approximately 20,000 homes, and three non-network Baptist churches have become involved in GTEH. They will begin community engagement with a cooperative blitz on August 21-22.
- Anchor Baptist Church has seen two salvations through GTEH! Anchor has adopted 11,000 homes across two Fayette County ZIP Codes (40514 & 40515), they have already engaged 2,200 homes, and they are averaging 14 visitors in worship each week since beginning GTEH.
- On Sunday, June 20, Southern Heights Baptist Church had two individuals join their church as a result of GTEH. To date, they have visited over 1,000 homes, they are seeing roughly half of the doors opening, and they are continuing to make visits each week. At least a dozen visitors have worshipped at Southern Heights through GTEH.
- The Church at Tatesbrook, located in Fayette County’s 40517 ZIP Code, is currently in the prayer walking phase of GTEH. They have been doing monthly community cookouts for over a decade, and already have a strong presence in their community. TCAT is using GTEH as a catalyst to further connect with the 2,440 homes they have adopted.
- Safe Harbor Baptist Fellowship in Georgetown has prayed over their 1,507 adopted homes and will be packing materials tomorrow night in preparation for community engagement in July.
- Nine churches in and around Bourbon County gathered together at First Baptist Church in Paris this past Sunday evening to launch their 40-day prayer initiative for GTEH. Community engagement begins in August and will culminate in a county-wide “Back To Church Sunday” on September 19.
Share Your Progress!
Please share your GTEH stories, testimonies, and progress with me so that our network can continue celebrating what the Lord is doing. The Kentucky Baptist Convention would also like to receive this info, which you can submit at the following link: https://www.kybaptist.org/Godstories
GTEH resources remain available for churches wanting to launch new efforts or expand their missional reach. Should you need anything pertaining to GTEH – materials, training, consultation, etc. – please contact me at any time. I am honored to serve churches and pastors who continue to encourage me through our partnership in the Gospel!
Gospel To Every Home Coordinator for CKNB