In May, the CKNB hosted a Leadership IQ on, “Becoming a church that cares well for the abused.” Nationwide, churches are launching initiatives to become more effective at abuse ministry, care and prevention.
This month, the ERLC launched, “The Caring Well Challenge.”
The Caring Well Challenge is a 8 step 12 month challenge being put forth by the ERLC calling churches to embrace 8 calls to action regarding abuse care and ministry…
The 8 steps are:
- COMMIT – Commit to the Caring Well Challenge
- BUILD – Build a Caring Well Team to lead your church’s effort
- LAUNCH – Launch the Caring Well Challenge on August 25, 2019 or a similar date
- TRAIN – Train your team at the 2019 ERLC Caring Well Conference
- CARE – Equip leaders through Becoming a Church that Cares Well for the Abused
- PREPARE – Enhance policies, procedures and practices related to abuse
- SHARE – Dedicate Sunday services on May 3, 2020 to address abuse or a similar date
- REFLECT – Reflect on the Caring Well Challenge at the 2020 SBC Annual Meeting
The simple action step for any church is: go to www.caringwell.com and sign up for the challenge. Everything else that is needed will be sent to churches via that one connection point.