1 in 5 of Kentucky children live in poverty.
So, for each of these children, a backpack from Kentucky Baptist is a much needed gift!
Let’s help exceed the goal of collecting 10,000 backpacks from Kentucky Baptist churches! Many of the backpacks collected will be distributed directly to children living in poverty in Kentucky, while others will go to needy children in our partner SEND City, Cincinnati.
“Let’s not neglect to do good and share what we have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.” Hebrews 13:16
Click here to view and download a video about the Christmas Backpack Project.
How to Participate & Pack
- Click the blue register button on this page and pledge the number of backpacks your church is committed to pack and share.
- Determine whether your church will partner with and deliver to a specific ministry OR drop of at an association collection site.
- Begin with purchasing a NEW, zippered backpack.
- Determine the gender and age for the backpacks, then tie two (2) ribbons on each backpack to designate following the color chart below:
- Blue – Boys
- Pink – Girls
- Purple – Ages 2-3
- Yellow – Ages 4-7
- Green – Ages 8-10
- Red – Ages 11-14
- White – Ages 15-17
- Fill the backpacks with NEW gift. Click here for the item list.
- Insert the Christmas Story leaflet into each backpack.
- Securely tie 2 ribbons (see ribbon color key above) to the outside of the backpack.
- Pray specifically for the child receiving the backpack and his or her family.
- Deliver the backpacks to our Network Collection Site
The CKNB Collection site is
Rosemont Baptist Church
556 Rosemont Garden Lexington, KY 40503.
Collection Dates are October 21-25, 2019.
This initiative is a partnership with Kentucky Woman’s Missionary Union and Appalachian Mountain Missions.