Associate Executive Director (AED)
Central Kentucky Network of Baptists
The Central Kentucky Network of Baptists desires to find…
- A man called of God and faithful in obedience to Jesus.
- A man meeting the qualifications outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus1:5-9.
- A man of integrity with a burden to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- A man with good people skills and the ability to lead others to work together toward common mission goals.
- A man with a seminary degree or its equivalent.
- A man who is a member of a Southern Baptist Church (SBC) with a knowledge of Southern Baptist entities and in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 and the Doctrinal Statement of the Network (see below).
- A man with a working knowledge and history of cooperation with the SBC at the local church, association, state, and national level.
- A man with at least ten years of experience in ministry with a Southern Baptist church, institution, or agency. Prior leadership and/or employment in association work would be helpful.
In addition, he will…
- As a follower of Christ, have guarded himself against the use or abuse of alcohol/illegal drugs, the abuse of prescriptive drugs, as well as other additive behaviors (pornography, etc).
- Have demonstrated a wise and proper use of social media.
- possess a sense of calling to serve churches through a local association and will have demonstrated a history of cooperation, collaboration, and involvement in his local Network/Association.
- Have a pattern of growing and developing as a leader/minister availing himself of ongoing training/equipping that demonstrates a “life-long learner” attitude.
The position requires the applicant to…
- Be a capable communicator. This position will require him to preach, teach, train, consult/coach, and write in a manner that communicates concisely and clearly.
- Be a capable leader. This position will require him to work with leaders as well as a diversity of churches that including different sizes, ministry settings, and ministry stages.
- Possess proven administrative skills that enable him to effectively develop/implement a strategic plan. He must have a proven capability to multi-task, contribute to the smooth operation of the team/organization of which he is a part, as well as have the skills to plan, organize and keep accurate records.
- Be capable of managing websites and social media communication tools as well as create effective promotional strategies for Network events/ministries/emphasis.
- Have proven competency to coach/consult with churches/pastors/leaders in at least two of the Network’s strategic focuses and the willingness to gain competency in the others:
- Church Programs/Ministries
- Leadership Development
- Church Revitalization/Health
- Church Planting/Replanting
- International Ministries
Applicant should also be in agreement with the Baptist Faith & Message 2000 and the following Doctrinal Statement of the Central Kentucky Network of Baptists…
Section 1- The Baptist Faith and Message
We affirm the Bible as the final authority for all faith and practice. We also recognize The Baptist Faith and Message, as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention. We encourage our churches to use these confessions of faith as resources by which to inform and to edify their members concerning the basic tenets of our faith and equip them to fulfill our historical commitment to Jesus Christ through evangelism, discipleship, missions, education, godly living, and mutual cooperation in bearing a witness to the world.
Section 2 – The Essentials of the Faith
The following statements declare “The Essentials of the Faith” as we understand them:
We believe the Bible is God’s word, written by men and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is infallible and without error. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks and is completely sufficient for faith and life.
We believe there is one true God and Creator of all things, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality.
We believe Jesus Christ is God, the living Word become flesh, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin. Therefore, He is 100% God and 100% man. He lived a sinless life and voluntarily atoned for the sins of men by dying on the cross as their substitute, satisfying divine justice and making salvation available for all who repent and trust in Him alone. We affirm His bodily resurrection and ascension. He now sits at the right hand of the Father as the only mediator between God and man. He is the head of the church and will return to earth visibly and bodily to consummate history and judge both the living and the dead. Those who have believed in Him will inherit eternal life and a home in Heaven while those who have not will face eternal separation from God in Hell.
We believe the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity and has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ. The Holy Spirit applies the saving work of Christ to men by convicting and drawing sinners to Christ giving them new life in Him. The Holy Spirit indwells believers, seals them until the day of redemption, and acts in the life of the believer conforming him to the image of Christ.
We believe man was created in the image of God and was innocent until he sinned by disobeying God and therefore became separated from his Creator. That historic fall brought all mankind under divine condemnation. Man, while still bearing the image of God, is corrupted and therefore in need of regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Every man is in need of salvation which requires repenting and placing faith in Christ alone.
We believe the salvation of man is wholly a work of God’s free grace and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness and justifies in His sight anyone who heeds the Spirit’s call and places their faith in Christ alone for salvation. God has chosen the church to proclaim the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ, making disciples of all nations in accordance with The Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).
We believe Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer’s faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior, the believer’s death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to his faith in the final resurrection of the dead. Being a church ordinance, it is prerequisite to the privileges of church membership and to the Lord’s Supper.
We believe the Lord’s Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10.) We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.) We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture.